Access to Transportation: A Barrier to Health
- Transportation barriers lead to rescheduled or missed appointments, delayed care, and missed or delayed medication use. These consequences may lead to poorer management of chronic illness and thus poorer health outcomes.
- In 25 separate studies, 10–51% of patients reported that transportation was a barrier to health care access.
- Ultimately, transportation barriers may mean the difference between worse clinical outcomes that could trigger more emergency department visits and timely care that can lead to improved outcomes.
Five Facts about Rides in Sight Information Hotline
- The age range for customers seeking rides through the hotline is 23-97, but most callers are in their 70s or 80s.
- We get calls from all over the country – 40 states in the last quarter alone.
- Callers are referred by doctor's offices, social services and insurance companies that know we can provide complete and customized information to their patients. We find at least one viable transportation option for over 90% of callers and at least two options for more than half of callers.
- Our database is the most comprehensive transportation database of senior transportation options in the United States. We cast a wide net to capture all possible transportation solutions, because our callers often need creative solutions to overcome their transportation barriers.
- We listen to each caller's situation to find solutions that fit their needs. We take into account the caller’s origin and destination, special needs, financial resources, and travel preferences before offering recommendations.
Our Invitation to Our Sponsors:
ITN is seeking sponsors to join us in providing this important information to older people, their families, and their healthcare providers. We offer:
- Toll-free call-in access to our national information center on transportation service for the entire United States.
- Trained customer service representatives available Monday thru Friday, 8:00am-8:00pm ET.
- More than 15,000 transit services available.
- Representatives frequently research custom solutions for callers and get back within 24 hours.
- We continuously update our information database to assure accurate and useful information.
Key Benefits for Sponsors:
In exchange for the co-marketing and promotional support, our sponsors will be given an opportunity for prominent brand recognition and impressions in the following places:
- Logo placement on our RidesinSight.org website and tagline development and promotional opportunity
- Access to reports about our user data
- Mentions in bi-monthly Constant Contact emails
- Social media, blog posts and mentions
- Speaking opportunity at Annual Affiliate Retreat
- Access to ITN Founder and President Katherine Freund as a lead speaker at signature annual events of sponsor
- Access to distribute or display corporate materials at ITNAmerica events
- Favorable mention as a lead corporate Rides in Sight sponsor in press interviews
- Joint press releases to national and local newspapers, radio and TV stations
- Involvement in our soon-to-be-launched podcast series
Act now to secure your preferred sponsorship level, while supplies last!
|Sponsorhip Levels||Available Slots|
Sponsorship Inquires and Questions:
Contact: Joe Warren, Project Manager, Rides In Sight
Phone: 207-358-7828 x18 Email: email@example.com